back to programming projects...

Eric Weaver Eric_Weaver at avtc.sel.sony.com
Fri Jun 10 12:27:01 PDT 1994

   From: Jim choate <ravage at bga.com>
   Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 14:07:49 -0500 (CDT)

   I have recently come into the possession of 3 working Ridge 3200
   super-mini's running Unix. I intend to place all 3 on a ethernet
   hooked into my inet feed and have one as a re-mailer.

   On the remialer front what I intend is sorta the following:

   1. all messages sent out will be sent encrypted. This will require
   both sender and reciever to have a public key on record w/ the
   mailer.

How about the sender encrypting with the REMAILER'S public key, and
the remailer sending out encrypted with its own private key?  That way
no registry is necessary.  If a sender doesn't trust the remailer,
let the sender sub-encrypt the message inside the remail headers.

   2. messages will be cached and re-transmitted after a random delay.
   I intend to generate a random number between 0 and 24. When the
   appropriate hour arrives all messages with that time stamp will be
   sent encrypted.

I hope some header field can be defined to specify a maximum delay,
and perhaps use the random number as a proportion of that maximum.

   3. We intend to support anonymous as well as explicit addressing.

Could you amplify on this?

   Anyone got any experience w/ Ridge products? I have contacted the
   designer and he is willing to help us out (Ridge is out of
   business) with support on the 3 machines.

Pretty snappy, but make sure they're well cooled.