back to programming projects...

Jim choate ravage at bga.com
Fri Jun 10 12:08:07 PDT 1994

I have recently come into the possession of 3 working Ridge 3200 super-mini's
running Unix. I intend to place all 3 on a ethernet hooked into my inet feed
and have one as a re-mailer.

On the remialer front what I intend is sorta the following:

1. all messages sent out will be sent encrypted. This will require both
   sender and reciever to have a public key on record w/ the mailer.

2. messages will be cached and re-transmitted after a random delay. I intend
   to generate a random number between 0 and 24. When the appropriate hour
   arrives all messages with that time stamp will be sent encrypted.

3. We intend to support anonymous as well as explicit addressing.

Anyone got any experience w/ Ridge products? I have contacted the designer
and he is willing to help us out (Ridge is out of business) with support
on the 3 machines.

Just for info, of the remaining two - one will be used as a remote ray-trace
engine and the third there just as backup and for playing with. These macnines
are pretty quick from what little experience I have with them.

The Wired Society - Dedicated to a global VR network and taco's...