Help A Novice Understand

R. J. Harvey harveyrj at vt.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:17:16 PDT 1994

>Someone said that Sternlight is a high-placed govt official.  I don't
>believe this.  I think he is a retired old fart with a home computer
>and an internet acct.

   Having been naive enough to actually read a number of his posts
regarding PGP-related topics on the usenet groups, I would likewise
be amazed if "Dr. Sternlight" was indeed a 'highly placed' govt
official, if for no other reason than it would be inconceivable
for any branch of our government that's supposed to operate in secret
to allow the stream of effluent that he generates over the net to
appear _with attribution_.  A wanna-be net-cop with too much time
on his hands, perhaps, but a high government offical in a
super-secret agency???  NOT!
R. J. Harvey                              (email: harveyrj at vt.edu)
PGP key 0BADDDB5 (82 42 53 EA 97 B0 A2 B2 FC 92 90 BB C2 26 FD 21)
Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of my employer