CNN Covers Blaze's Clipper Flaw

Curtis D Frye cfrye at mason1.gmu.edu
Sun Jun 5 09:48:50 PDT 1994

Folks -

CNN just did a piece (about 4 minutes) on Blaze's attack against Clipper.
The piece seemed clearly biased against the chip, relegating the NSA's
statement and a somewhat rushed and harried-sounding sound bite from Dorothy
Denning to the end of the bit.

Marc Rotenberg got in the point that we don't know how many other holes
there are, though I believe the best bit of negative publicity was the
presentation, without comment, of the NSA's claim that folks meaning to
circumvent the system would use simpler means.

Oh, this was on Science and Technology Week, which ran around 12:45pm ET.

Curt