Ultra and Coventy

NetSurfer jdwilson at gold.chem.hawaii.edu
Sat Jun 4 17:27:50 PDT 1994

On Fri, 3 Jun 1994 smb at research.att.com wrote:

> 	Nor, to debunk another story, did Churchill let Coventry
> 	be destroyed because he believed that defensive measures
> 	would risk the secret of ULTRA.  Critical analyses of
> 	documents show that this is pure myth.

But as an aside, the CCCP was majorly pissed at us when they discovered that
we had cracked the german godes and not shared them with then-allies the CCCP.
If I remember correctly there were more CCCP casualties than those of any
other countries.

-NetSurfer

#include standard.disclaimer

==  =    = |James D. Wilson        |V.PGP 2.4:   512/E12FCD 1994/03/17 >
 "  "    " |P. O. Box 15432        |finger for key / Viacrypt Reseller  >
\"  "/  \" |Serendipitous Solutions|    Also NetSurfer at sersol.com      >