Faster way to deescrow Clipper

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Fri Jun 3 11:40:42 PDT 1994

David Koontz says:
> I used to work on NSA cryptographic equipment.

So you've said. However,
1) If you had, anything interesting you could say would be classified,
   you'd have a clearance, and you'd go to jail for mentioning it.
2) you've shown every sign of being fairly clueless.

I'll point out as an example the fact that you don't understand
initialization vectors, and this gem:
> If you have access to the control program (which you would if faking
> LEAFS),

Huh? Have you been paying attention? I have no idea what on earth the
"control program" is, but Matt's work certainly has nothing to do with
any such thing...

And this gem:

> The difficulty is
> that the DE (distant end) ain't necessarily smart enough to do so (assuming
> it has not been modified), and is more than likely looking for a passed data
> value (typically a sync symbol) to determine the state of crypto
> synchronization.

Ahem. What the hell are you talking about? Tessera has no concept of
"crypto synchronization" or the detection thereof.

.pm