Mailer questions

nobody at shell.portal.com nobody at shell.portal.com
Thu Jun 2 22:07:08 PDT 1994

I have a few questions about the Cypherpunk remailers that
hopefully someone can answer for me:

What is the maximum length of a "Request-Remailing-To:" header?
Can several of them be inserted for lengthy lists?  Regarding the
"mail-to-Usenet" posting gateways, where you typically replace
the dots in newsgroup names with hyphens, what about groups that
have hyphens in their names?  Can the posting software tell the
hyphens apart?

I understand that several of the headers can be changed by using
a "##" token instead of "::".  Which ones can be changed and
which ones can't?

Has anyone had any experience chaining from a Cypherpunk-style
remailer to anon.penet.fi?  Can a "::" separator be used
successfully, or which format will work?

-----