DSS Diffie-Helman program

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Thu Jun 2 19:55:47 PDT 1994

Jay Prime Positive <jpp at jpplap.markv.com>:

>   There exist signature standards other than RSA.  Perhaps the USA's
> DSS can be exported.  If not, there may well be other systems out
> there.  Feel free to implement DSS, or others.

Vouch 1.0 does DSS and encryption with Diffie-Helman key exchange. The DOS
executables are at:
garbo.uwasa.fi /pub/pc/crypt/vouch10.zip

No ITAR problems, it's been developed by Awais Hussain in Pakistan.

Freeware, no source code. Awais is not on the Net (Pakistan doesn't appear to
have a gateway), and may not be aware of the need for GPL style stuff. I'm
trying to get in touch with him, but the only contact info in the docs is a
post box number in Islamabad, and snail mail takes time...

The program itself seems ok, with decent key management etc, though we
obviously don't want to rely on it without available source.