News Flash: Clipper Bug?

Graham Toal gtoal at an-teallach.com
Thu Jun 2 13:08:08 PDT 1994

: > One thing this shows, even if the application of the technique turns out
: > to be too difficult to be practical, is that Dorothy Denning's evaluation
: > of the design was worthless.  That team should have found this themselves.
: > No wonder she was trying to play it down in the NYT.

: It was my understanding that Denning was just looking at the Skipjack
: algorithm, and not the clipper unit as a whole.  I wouldn't be too quick
: to condemn her on this point.

In which case it exposes the sham terms of reference that the committee
accepted to work under.  Either way, they lose.