PGP 2.6 FAQ

Richard Johnson Richard.Johnson at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 2 12:03:54 PDT 1994

  From the keyboard of:  gtoal at an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)

> Personally I don't
> rule out MIT internecine warfare and personal grudges.  University
> politics can get as dirty as the real thing at times, but I think
> we can rule out *real* politics in this.

"University politics is so vicious simply because there is so little at
stake." <-- reasonable accurate misquote

University politics are normally much dirtier than the real thing, and
much harder to stay out of if you spend more than 4 years at an
institution.  The battles over office space alone can make smear
campaigns via TV ads in a congressional race look like a friendly
debate.

Still, it seems from the outside that there wasn't much toe-stepping
going on at MIT with regard to their PGP release.  That's nice to see.
Perhaps, for once, the internal politics were calmer than the external
storm of paranoia?  :-)

Richard