clipper patent troubles?

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Wed Jun 1 07:20:17 PDT 1994

Given that Micali is one of the "the government is here to help you"
crowd, I doubt he'll demand anything that actually makes Clipper
impractical. However, I will note that he's damaged his credibility as
a pro-clipper speaker, both because he now stands to personally profit
from it, and because he's made the following silly statement:

> "I didn't think that in dealing with the U.S. government, I would
> need a lawyer," Micali says. "I may be proved wrong."

The naivete is astonishing, but at least he admits that he may be
wrong on this point.

Perry