Just say NYET to kneejerking

Jim Dixon jdd at aiki.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 11:52:19 PDT 1994

In message <199407291601.JAA28808 at sleepy.retix.com> joshua geller writes:

> >   The Internet is a wild and exciting place.  You want your children to
> >   get to know it.  But you would also like a way to build little fences
> >   between them and some things that they are just too young to deal with.
> >   How do you do it?
>
> I don't guess I rightly care how you raise your kids as long as you
> don't to interfere with what I want to do in the process. if you don't
> have sufficient authority over your children to prevent them from doing
> that which you do not want them to do, sorry, this is not my problem.

My little fences are on my land.  If you cross over my little fences, so
are you.

I think that what I was trying to politely suggest is that the proper
place for the proposed access restrictions is not out there on every
system on the Internet, but instead on your own system.

Politeness rarely does any harm.
--
Jim Dixon