NYET to censors, REPOST

Graham Toal gtoal at an-teallach.com
Fri Jul 29 09:32:23 PDT 1994

: From: nzook at fireant.ma.utexas.edu

: Specifically, this is a plan to create two sorts of accounts to the net--
: adult and minor.  Adult accounts may only be obtained by persons of age

: The legal framework that I see important in aiding such a system is as

: State Level:

: acceptable verification methods specified, with authority to add methods
: delegated to a regulatory agency.  Emphasis to be on ease and speed of

: 2)  Make it illegal to misrepresent age and name data to a BBS.  Require
: BBS operators to maintain a record of age and name of account holders for

: 3)  Declare aiding in tampering with NYET system to be "Contributing to the
: Delequency of a Minor".

: Federal Level:
: Pass paralell laws for BBSs operating with local numbers from two or
: more states, or for BBSs operating with 800 numbers.

I see a lot of call here for legislation and government control.

Keep your fucking religion out of my face, Zook.  If you want
censored-kiddynet, create your own one privately out of funds
donated by Good Christians, but take your state control and
stuff it where ypu stuff your crucifix.