Tuna fish and spam sandwich

Johan Helsingius julf at penet.fi
Fri Jul 29 05:34:12 PDT 1994

Hmm. Maybe I should rejoin the cypherpunks list, after all..

> Does this form of "lunch-sack" attack really work?  By spamming penet.fi
> with "tuna fish" messages with forged From: lines can one really get the
> true names and corresponding anon acct numbers of people from a list of
> addresses?

It does. But only if the user hasn't set a password. That's why I implemented
the password feature! I have also zapped all queued-up "tuna" messages.

But the whole current server is getting to be a horrible patchwork. I am
working on a total redesign/rewrite, as well as upgrading the machine and
the connection, to eliminate the delays and allow PGP. But to do all that,
I am going to need sponsors/support. Preliminary discussions started
with a couple of organisations.

	Julf