No SKE in Daytona and other goodies

that one guy an25067 at anon.penet.fi
Thu Jul 28 19:05:48 PDT 1994

1) I've got Daytona running on a machine right next to me. It doesn't
feature any type of key escrow. Come to think of it, it doesn't
support data encryption.

The version I have is build 683, which is supposed to be the
next-to-last, so it's unlikely MS will suddenly start adding new
stuff, especially since they're already late.

The _real_ danger is that SKE will be added to "Microsoft At Work,"
their proposed protocol for tying copiers, fax machines, and other
office gear to computers.

2) Word on the street is that someone already holds a trademark for
the term "Tessera" and that they have told NSA to cease and desist.
Anyone with access to one of the trademark search services can confirm
this, but I haven't yet.

3) Food for thought: we've seen hardware & software key escrow, but I
don't remember seeing any mention of DNA or blood escrow, like what
Judge Ito has ordered in the Simpson case. Get those samples stashed
away now. I wonder if I can get Duncan to supply a DNA sample on my
behalf?

- that one guy
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help at anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at anon.penet.fi.