Questions about Microsoft and Software Key Escrow

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Thu Jul 28 09:51:55 PDT 1994

Responding to msg by Jacob.Levy at Eng.Sun.COM (Jacob Levy) on
Thu, 28 Jul  7:53 AM

>Blanc
>
>I respect your feelings on the matter and your ability
>to think clearly and  with great foresight also :-),
>but for this list it would probably be much  more
>useful if we got some _OFFICIAL_ answer from Microsoft
>instead of your  "I believe, I cannot think, can't
>see", etc. etc. You're obviously a  concerned
>individual but you equally obviously don't claim to
>speak for  Microsoft.
>
>--JYL

Would it not be fair to ask that all the parties earlier listed
by Tim --  Microsoft, Sun, Apple, IBM and others -- be asked
for an official statement of their positions on SKE?

Even so, will this produce credible statements?

What if confidentiality or secrecy agreements are already in
place?

Disinformation needs cryptanalysis, no?

John