Government-Controlled Trust Hierarchies

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed Jul 27 18:21:06 PDT 1994

At 11:44 AM 7/27/94 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:

>I suggest we look very closely for connections between TIS and
>Microsoft, Apple, Novell, Sun, and any other major OS providers. I
>believe TIS is preparing an SKE system that involves the "proof of
>identity" notary system Apple and RSADSI are now using, that involves
>mandatory selection of escrow agents (*), and that will be widely
>deployed in upcoming future operating systems, probably in Chicago in
>1995 and maybe in Apple's System 7.5 in '95 as well.

I've often wondered how "proof of identity" systems cope with the
multiplication of entities problem.

Who exactly *is* XYZ Corp, Trust, Estate, Partnership, Company, etc?

DCF

"Justice Department lawyer admits in open court that we are ruled by an
'anonymous horde, a leviathan' -- in litigation over the design of the
Health Security Act."