XSPLIT now own ftp.wimsey.bc.ca

Graham Toal gtoal at an-teallach.com
Wed Jul 27 07:39:07 PDT 1994

: XSPLIT takes a file, generates n-1 random numbers, writes those random numbers
: out to each of the n-1 files, and for the nth file it takes the XOR of all N
: random numbers, and XORs it with the plaintext.  This way, you get to split
: your file in such a way as to require all pieces of it in order to rebuild it.

Where do you get your random numbers?  (This could be susceptible to
the usual PRNG reverse-engineering techniques...)

PS I know I should fetch it and look for myself, but I'm fighting
alligators here again.