Steve Winter Declares War in Cyberspace

Arsen Ray Arachelian rarachel at prism.poly.edu
Tue Jul 26 07:16:05 PDT 1994

> F I D O  N E W S --                   Vol.11  No.29    (18-Jul-1994)
>
> The FIDO Crucifixion
> by Steve Winter (1:18/98)
>
>  Some of you out there have been giving me a lot of bad press
> lately. I don't really care because the bible tells me that false
> christian scum will try to deter me from my mission to correct the
> lies and Satan-influenced false teachings of deviant so-called
> pastors. I don't care. They can flay my skin, draw and quarter me
> and even take steps to censor me in FIDO, but I will carry on.

This isn't the middle ages bub, nobody is going to flay you, nor will
anyone draw and quarter you.  However you may face bars infront of you
if you spread viruses or incite others to hack and spread viruses.  Do
you remember what happened to Rob Morris Jr?  He's the guy who unleashed
the internet worm.  Although his intentions weren't as evil as yours, he
did spend some jail time + lots of comunity time.

>  Recently, I became aware of a new threat to the true church of
> Jesus,that being these people who call themselves "Pagans". They
> should more properly call themselves Heathens or even Satanists.
> Yes, I have investigated many of these new age BBSs and I have only
> one thing to say. THEY MUST GO!!

Sorry Bub, but yer too late.  One of the niceties of living in this
country is that you can be a demented Christian as easily as a demented
[fill in any religion] as well as a non-demented [fill in any religion.]

Christianity may be one of the most popular of religions in the world,
however it isn't the only one out there, and your demands that Pagan
BBS's be removed is unconstitutional.  Now that you've foolishly asked the
whole of Fidonet to break in and upload viruses to these systems, you've
opened yourself up for some serious jail time.   Now any hacker who is
busted can say "Oh, I was simply doing the work of God as inspired in me
by Steve Winter."

Now, lest we forget, viruses spread quite nicely.  Keep in mind that your BBS
may also be hit by the self same viruses you ask others to install.
Unlike you, viruses, human or electronic, do not discriminate by religion or
anything other than whether or not they can execute their malicious instructions

>  The devil will not be allowed to exert domain where Jesus rules
> King. We shall persue these godless satanic groups until the last
> one has been exorcised or given over to the Lord for disposal. We
> must seek them out and destroy their places of depravity and
> destroy their rings of stone and their alters where babies are
> sacrificed to appease their lord and master Satan himself. Good
> Christians everywhere must join together to eradicate this
> unwholesome threat to the very fibre and existance of mankind, and
> we must do it NOW!

If you have proof that certain pagan organizations have sacrificed babies as
you claim, feel free to report them to the proper authorities.  If this is just
speculation on your part of "Oh, they ain't Krishtuns, so they must be
deveel wurshipurs" take a chill.  I have found that if anything Christians are
far  more dangerous folks than the "satanists" you suppose exists.

Keep in mind that Satanism is a Christian concept.  Very few religions have any
such concept as a "devil" or even of a malicious entity which could be called
a devil.  Also, I'd like to point out that several Christian holidays didn't
start out that day.  Christ wasn't born on December 25.  Dec 25 was chosen
because it coincided with the Roman Saturnalia festival, a festival for Saturn.
The reason they chose to pick Dec 25 is so they would not be persecuted by
the non-Christian Romans who were in power.  Later they used this date to
help conver Romans over to Christianity.

Also, may I remind you Christ's message was not one of waging war against other
religions, it was to spread love and brotherhood.

There are and have been enough religious crusades that have ended up in
severe bloodshed.  Most of these in the past were done by Christians.  These
days you have religiously overzealous fanatic terrorists.  You might not have
realized it but >EVERY< religion claims to be the only "valid" one, and every
country which is zealously religeous believes that they are the "chosen ones"

Now, how do you suppose it is possible for ALL of them to be right when they
are all spewing the same old shit?  Now before you state Christianity IS the
only one, let me point again, they all share the same views.  So it's part of
the same pile.

>  I am asking the following of every Christian FIDO reader that
> can see this message to disrupt, destroy and do away with every
> pagan BBS in their area. Crash their their boards, and upload
>                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> viruses, what ever you need to do. These are scum of the earth
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> and if I had MY way these idiots would be swinging from lamp posts
> like Mussolini did after World War II. Let the dogs eat their flesh
> and the bones be crushed under the feet of the legions of God's
> people.
>
>  If we all can get together on this ONE thing, we can eradicate
> this threat to mankind within 6 months. Call your local police and
> report these deviants. Report their crimes against children and if
> possible, infiltrate them so that we can accumulate a listing of
> these disgusting pawns of Satan. We must act now or surrender FIDO
> to the Satan controlled minions of the dark side of man. Crush them
> like the vermin they are. THIS IS WAR!

Yes, this perhaps is a very similar speech the Turks heard when they decided to
decimate all Armenians in the early part of this century, ditto for the
Nazi's, the KKK, and undoubtedly the same kind of speech given to ALL soldiers
including those in the USA before they stormed in some enemy and exterminated
them.  Don't believe me?  I have a friend who was in Desert Storm.  His training
included daily doses of "Let's kill them desert niggers."

Such despicable nonsense cannot be tolerated.  Chill out or you may find yourself
in big trouble with the law.