Come On

Berzerk berzerk at xmission.xmission.com
Wed Jul 20 16:05:47 PDT 1994

On Tue, 19 Jul 1994, John Young wrote:
> Responding to msg by SADLER_C at HOSP.STANFORD.EDU ("Connie Sadler
> (415)725-7703") on 19 Jul 1994
>
> <I find lines like the above very offensive/non-professional. I
>
> >won't let it stop me from continuing on, but what's the
> >point? I really don't get it.
>
> Glad you posted.  I don't get it either.
I liked the portrail of the wife as being a normal, easily spooked person
out of a 50's sitcom who was thrown into a james bond world.  Call me
stupid, but the time when she was trying to dance like a striper and fell
down was funny.  I thought the whole idea was that this was part comedy
about this.  I don't hear anyone screaming when arnold trips, or flexes.

In that sence I don't agree with the statment about "all women are good
for is..." but I can see how the portrial of a "weak" woman could be
interpreted as that, and I LIKED the portraial. Just as I liked it in an
analogous movie with the sex roles reversed.

This is why there was a little :-) on the end of this.

Berzerk.