Kragen == LD?

Kragen J. Sittler xentrac at cybele.unm.edu
Tue Jul 19 16:20:14 PDT 1994

Man, when I got this post, I just about fell off my chair laughing.

nobody at shell.portal.com:
> "Kragen J. Sittler", xentrac at cybele.unm.edu, writes:
>
> >I think that the evidence is pretty strong that Sue isn't Larry.
> >She's another person completely, with a different posting style, a
> >moderate feminist and extreme leftist political stance, a willingness
> >(possibly, probably IMHO) to forward unsubstantiated libels (Ollie
> >North smuggling drugs?  How likely is that?), a great deal of
> >sensitivity to the feelings of others, and a beautiful capacity to find
> >symbolism.  I could be wrong about any or all of these, but they are
> >my impression on reading her posts, both here and from the new-age
> >religion group.
>
> Isn't a "Kragen" a fictional sea beast, something like a giant squid or
> octopus?  Something with tentacles?

No, that's a 'kraken'. :D

>  And isn't Kragen's user name,
> xentrac, close to an anagram for tentacle?

No, it's 'Kragen' rot13'ed, with a 'c' added to the end. :D

> And isn't unm the University
> of New Mexico, adjacent to Detweiler's home state of Colorado?

So?  Are you suggesting that being 200 miles away rather than 1000
miles away makes it easier to get a fake account?

> And here
> Kragen is praising Sue D. Nym for having a "beautiful capacity to find
> symbolism", when "her" posts seem to be random garbage?

Well, you see, I associate with people who think in the ways she is
accustomed to thinking, and I can see the beauty in them.  I suspect
that most of the cypherpunks don't.

> And didn't all
> of Kragen, Sue, and the various anonymous Detweiler posts all appear at
> about the same time?

No, I've been on the list as to1sittler at apsicc.aps.edu, xentrac@(I
can't remember).unm.edu, and here, since right before clipper broke.
This doesn't, of course, prevent me from being LD.  But I'm not.

Eric Hughes might remember me.  In fact, he might even give me the
"most abusive unsubscribe message" award. *sheepish look*.

> And hasn't Detweiler frequently discussed the use
> of multiple pseudonyms to mutually support and praise each other in order
> to build up an illusionary reputation?
> Makes you wonder...

LD thinks I'm Eric Hughes.  If you like, I could email you a bunch of
messages I exchanged with him one midnight.

Gee.  I've never been accused of being Larry Detweiler before. :D

Kragen