CPP: Card Playing Protocol

Kent Borg kentborg at world.std.com
Fri Jul 15 19:06:57 PDT 1994

Having reread pages 78-81, I guess pagers, usenet, and slow email are
pretty much out.

I looks like I am going to have to track down the proceedings from
Crypto 85, 86, and 87.  (Still in print?  Expensive??)  All the main
sources seem to be in them.

Though all the applicable literature talks of playing poker, it seems
more general and politically wiser to talk about playing cards.
Besides, "PPP" is already in big-time circulation meaning
"Point-to-Point Protocol", "PP" for "Poker Protocol" is only two
letters--of course verboten.  "PGP" for "Pretty Good Poker" would only
get Phil's lawyers after me.

That leaves "CPP", for a nice wholesome card game.

-kb, the Kent who might actually do it

--
Kent Borg                                                  +1 (617) 776-6899
kentborg at world.std.com
kentborg at aol.com
          Proud to claim 32:00 hours of TV viewing so far in 1994!