LD's Cypherwonks list

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Sun Jul 10 22:19:58 PDT 1994

Peterwheat at aol.com:
> found this by doing a keyword search (cryptography) in America Online's
> database of mailing lists.  I thought it might be of interest to the
> cypherpunks mailing list:
>
> CYPHERWONKS: The Development of Cyberspace

I subscribed to this when LD first announced it early last December. I never
received any mail. At that time I do believe Julf had said something supporting
this list. Incidentally the address for LD in your database on AOL is ancient.
And the description message seems watered down. The original post was full of
LD's paranoid gems -- here's an excerpt for your entertainment:

> anonymity. However, we do not necessarily believe that others are
> required to read anonymous postings. To the contrary, we believe that
> the individual should have the tools and freedom to filter his or her
> own mail based on real identities. In particular, we condemn the
> practice of `pseudospoofing,' the dangerous deception where a person
> builds up a pseudonym and misrepresents it as being that of a real
> person's identity. We police each other on the list to prevent it, and
> require a promise that our members refrain from it. While our trust can
> be betrayed, only those that are honest are true cypherwonks, and
> anyone who betrays our trust we consider a dishonist hypocrite, or worse,
> a *traitor*

Note the Detweilerese: pseudospoofing, honest and true, hypocrite, *traitor*.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA