(fwd) Re: BSD random() - any good (source included)

Lefty lefty at apple.com
Fri Jul 8 15:08:39 PDT 1994

Jim Choate favors us with

>Why should a couple of dozen people who scream because they don't get
>exactly what they want dictate to a list that is 700 long?
>
>Lump me in where you feel justified. That classification and a dollar will
>by you a cheap cup of coffee.
>
>If there was a vociferous return on this I would be much more responsive, but
>what I see is the same small group of a dozen or so bitching and bitching and
>bitching and bitching....(you get the point)
>
>What is really funny is that they bitch about crypto stuff but seem completely
>happy to blather on endlessly about pedophiles, off-shore banking, and a whole
>host of other topics that are completely and uterly unrelated to "c-punks
>write code".
>
>So far I have recieved no reasoned responces to these issue, a lot of opinion
>and emotionaly driven wailing has shown up in my box...

I wasn't going to contribute to this, but Jim is apparently impervious to
reason unless _everyone_ on the list screams at him.

Don't forward reams of stuff available elsewhere to the list.  If you like,
mention where it is; offer to send copies to those who specifically request
it.

Don't post it to the list.

Add me to your "couple of dozen who scream".

On a more personal note, digging your heels in and sobbing "I won't, I
_won't_, I WON'T!" at the perfectly reasonable suggestions that have been
made to you make you seem like a puerile and self-centered preadolescent.
Grow up.

--
Lefty (lefty at apple.com)