Kevin Mitnik

Random H0Z3R nobody at c2.org
Wed Jul 6 22:57:39 PDT 1994

Kent Borg wrote:

> I am under the impression that I would not like Mitnik personally, but I
> have never personaly met him...

> Would I turn him in?  Well, put it this way: I would not harbor him but
> neither would I work very hard to figure out where he is or whether a
> particular "nobody" on this list be him.

Somehow, I get the idea that the "nobody" you're referring to is yours
truly.  Well, I'm not him, but your suspicion does bring up a valuable
point, though:  if you're suspicious that a certain "chained remailer user"
is the infamous Mr. Mitnik, then certain TLAs might also share that
suspicion.  Therefore, anyone using such "underground" services as
anonymous remailers should use exceeding care.  If they start to use
traffic analysis, or any of the other "sigint" techniques discussed here,
even though you aren't Mr. Mitnik, you may well get "caught" in their
"dragnet".