More Mitnik

Kent Borg kentborg at world.std.com
Wed Jul 6 22:17:09 PDT 1994

chris.claborne at sandiegoca.ncr.com wrote:
>   I also read an article in the Pheonix paper saying that he did a wire tap
>on the FBI guys that were trying to find him...  among other things.

YES, whether it is true or not that is exactly the sort of stuff we
need to get Joe Lunchbox saying "YES!"--and getting Joe Lunchbox on
our side* is more important that you know.  (Who do you think held down
the tax on the beer I am drinking right now?  That's right, it was
Joe, and I admire that.)

We need to watch our image, and Mitnik (if he is smart) is a great way
to distact from the pedophile scare.  How can people get indignant
when they are too busy laughing?  The idea of one social misfit wire
tapping the FBI (and they want to put wiretaps in the *design*?) is so
entertaining--and understandable by Joe Lunchbox--that I can't stand
it.

-kb

* Our side: strong crypto without backdoors for either Mitnik or Freeh
is good.  Agree?

--
Kent Borg                                                  +1 (617) 776-6899
kentborg at world.std.com
kentborg at aol.com
          Proud to claim 31:15 hours of TV viewing so far in 1994!