Kevin Mitnik

Kent Borg kentborg at world.std.com
Wed Jul 6 13:07:24 PDT 1994

I am under the impression that I would not like Mitnik personally, but I
have never personaly met him...

Would I turn him in?  Well, put it this way: I would not harbor
him but neither would I work very hard to figure out where he is
or whether a particular "nobody" on this list be him.

I see two values in him being on the lam:

1) His activities point out the need for more secure computer
systems--the fact that he mostly relies on "Social Engineering" is
lost on most people.

2) He is a romantic outlaw who is not a pedophile, nuclear terrorist,
or murderer--his existance distracts from those totems.  (Whether he
actually *fits* this romantic image is beside the point, I am talking
images here.)

Mr. Mitnik (if you are listening): keep your sense of humor, try to be
"mostly harmless", don't get caught molesting small boys--or anyone
else, try to confine your public exploits to "honorable
pranks"--things the man on the street will admire and not recoil from.
Be wise.

-kb, the Kent who keeps his nose clean

--

Kent Borg                                                  +1 (617) 776-6899
kentborg at world.std.com
kentborg at aol.com
          Proud to claim 31:15 hours of TV viewing so far in 1994!