MAIL: chained remailing strategy

an104090 at anon.penet.fi an104090 at anon.penet.fi
Wed Jul 6 12:59:49 PDT 1994

I was curious about the pros and cons of anonymous remailers holding and
randomly sending outgoing mail.  It seems to me that the risk of a third
party determining the original sender of an anonymous piece of mail through
the use of timestamps is less pressing than the risk presented by the
physical storage of that mail on someone's machine for extended periods of time.

Of course, with chained remailing, these risks dramatically decrease, but
would I rather have the first remailer in a chain storing my mail until
midnight or immediately bouncing it to another anonymous remailer?

Gedeon Edwards

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help at anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at anon.penet.fi.