Password Difficulties

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Tue Jul 5 10:27:03 PDT 1994

Kent Borg says:
> Besides, your sample phrase might not have as many bits in it as you
> think.
>
> >Rare steak tastes good when it is cooked over a wood fire. better
> >chicken. better than fish. good with worcestershire sauce.
>
> 22 words, a good start.  But all will appear in a short dictionary
> list, 4 gramatical sentences, sentences with related meaning.

Were I using a sentence like that, I'd probably spice it up with low
probability words and the like, as in

"rare olliphant meat tastes good when cooked over a burning car. better
than oktopuss. not as good as republican. tasty with wasabi and chives."

Still fewer bits than I'd like, but you do better when things take an
unexpected turn mid-phrase.

Perry