Requiring Digital Signatures

Mike Ingle MIKEINGLE at delphi.com
Sun Jan 30 21:52:58 PST 1994

Some have suggested that a future network might require DSS signatures
and make it illegal to send unsigned data. This would be a Bad Thing.
I found this on comp.dcom.fax. It seems that a similar law is already
in effect for fax machines. It is illegal to send a fax without an
identification line on it! This is very similar to requiring a digital
signature on a message, and sets a bad precedent.