4th ammendment and Cryptography

David Koontz koontzd at lrcs.loral.com
Fri Jan 28 16:58:18 PST 1994

>sender: Phil Karn <karn at qualcomm.com>:
>> Phil

>This guy scares me more than any number of "gun nuts"...
> O_O            01234567        dave_taffs at mentorg.com

Personally I have a lot of respect for Phil with regards to areas
we can at least agree on.  Hopefully, we can at least agree on
the exercise of free speech.

We can see at the very least that the adage "The enemy of my enemy
is my friend" doesn't hold true for political polarities.

All of us see some threat to rights by government, varying by
degree and intent.  Instead of bickering (and name calling) perhaps
we should seek common ground in this forum: Cryptography.

There are those of us who focus on breaking the government monopoly
on power by removing money from its exclusive control, promoting
digital money with the ability for anonymity.

It would be very hard for a government to be oppressive when it doesn't
control society through its purse strings.

(It makes it hard to unilaterally raise or even have taxes, too.)