remailer?

David L Womack dwomack at runner.utsa.edu
Thu Jan 27 09:42:12 PST 1994

Nice as remailers are, I wonder if it might be
better to simply create a "message drop".
Various anon ID's would be created, with
suitable passwords.

If Sam wishes to mail to Joe, he sends
to the account.  It sits for up to a week
before auto-deletion;  prior to that time
Joe can check his account for messages,
retrieve as appropriate, leave other
messages, and leave.

The primary 'phone number would be in
one location, with the remailer at a
different physical location connected
via non-toll call forwarding.  Hence, no
LD toll records of the calls to the device.

Individuals would place calls, so their
records might "give them away";  but
there would be no return calls from the
device.

Finally, if someone wanted to use methods
other than PGP this would seem to support
such methods.

Any thoughts, or am I hopelessly clueless?

Regards, Dave