Curve Encrypt

Michael Johnson mpjohnso at nyx10.cs.du.edu
Fri Jan 21 13:16:59 PST 1994

>Curve Encrypt 1.0, IDEA encryption for the Macintosh is now available for
>ftp from ripem.msu.edu, directory:

>pub/crypt/other/curve-encrypt-idea-for-mac

>Read the file pub/crypt/GETTING_ACCESS for information on how to get access
>to the ftp site. I plan to also make CE available through csn.org (Mike,
>are you listening? Your mail is bouncing).

I think csn.org must have been down for a few minutes when you first tried.
In any case, Curve Encrypt 1.0 is now posted at csn.org.  Read
/mpj/README.MPJ for export restrictions and the name of the hidden directory
(that changes periodically).  Curve encrypt is in csn.org:
/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/curve_encrypt

>Curve Encrypt is a freeware drag-and-drop encryption application for the
>Macintosh. It uses IDEA cipher-feedback mode with a 255 character pass
>phrase, and encrypts both the data and resource forks of files. Source code
>is provided.

                                   Mike Johnson
                                   mpj at csn.org
(if mpj at csn.org fails, try mpjohnso at nyx.cs.du.edu, m.p.johnson at ieee.org,
 mikej at exabyte.com, 71331.2332 at compuserve.com, mpjohnso at nyx10.cs.du.edu,
 Mike Johnson at the Colorado Catacombs BBS 303-938-9654, or yell real loud).