RSA Question

charliemerritt at BIX.com charliemerritt at BIX.com
Thu Jan 20 00:49:08 PST 1994

an56238 on Jan 19:
>what I was asking is the _list of possible values for d_.

The list is all the numbers less than N that are relatively
prime to ((p-1*(q-1)).
These are all possible D's for N  - the list is smaller
for a given e.  See below.

>Any general formulas giving the probability of solutions for the d's ?

The number of D's for a given N and E is gcd((p-1),(q-1))
Some messages can be spoofed with more D's but the gcd
is the number of D's for all messages.
The distribution of these D's is one every ( (p-1)*(q-1) )/ gcd ((p-1)*(q-1))