IIA, more info

Nick Szabo szabo at netcom.com
Mon Jan 10 15:01:37 PST 1994

This just in:

-------->snip<--------

The message below was written by a friend who works at UUNET:

--- begin included message ---

Actually, we set them up.  They appear to be real.  Note, this is not an
endorsement!!!  I have no dealings with iia.org directly.  I know only
what I've heard around the office.  They dropped big bucks for a router
just for this service.  The guy who sent that message appears to have
been looking in all the wrong places.  Military hosts tables are
infamous
for their incompleteness and for their tremendous lag time.  Whois does
indeed have this site's info, and has since December!  The sender
probably looked in the DDN whois DB which is only for MILITARY SITES.
The correct site to check for everything else is rs.internic.net.

[ken at rodan(tcsh):107] whois iia.org
International Internet Association (IIA2-DOM)
30 South First Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904

Domain Name: IIA.ORG

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Bochicchio, Charleen  (CB45)  char at JOY.ICM.COM
+1 202 387 5445 (FAX) +1 202 387 5446

Record last updated on 01-Dec-93.

Domain servers in listed order:

MARY.IIA.ORG                 198.4.75.9

NS.UU.NET                    137.39.1.3

The InterNIC Registration Services Host ONLY contains Internet
Information

(Networks, ASN's, Domains, and POC's).

Please use the whois server at nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.

Someone in our office did send for info and did receive it, though I do
not know how long it took for them to reply.

Ken Dahl
ken at uunet.uu.net
UUNET Technologies, Inc.                                 ...!uunet!ken

--- end included message ---

BTW, I faxed the company an account request back in October (and again
in November) but have yet to hear anything from them.

Peter Johansson
peter at cs.umbc.edu

Your guess is as good as mine!

d3 `-{>

----
| Pics OnLine MultiUser System   609/753-2540 HST  609/753-2605 (V32bis) |
| Massive File Collection - Over 45,000 Files OnLine - 250 Newsgroups    |