Jobba the Hunt

Romana Machado romana at apple.com
Mon Jan 3 10:58:58 PST 1994

Friends, extropians, cypherpunks:

The year is new, I hope to find a new job, too.
If you are involved in, or know about,
forward-looking projects that would interest me,
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. IUve achieved
quite a few personal goals recently: I've launched
and publicized Stego, the first steganography tool
for the Macintosh, developed a part time job as a print model,
worked on various extropian essays, traveled and vacationed.
Once again, it's time to find work, so I am posting my resume.

Romana Machado
19672 Stevens Creek Blvd. #127 Cupertino, CA 95014
EMail: romana at apple.com  Phone: (408)446-9486

Objective

I am looking for an intellectually challenging
opportunity as a Macintosh developer, or a combined
software development/quality assurance position. I
am available on a contract, consulting, or project-
by-project basis. I am willing to telecommute, but
not to relocate.

Skills

Software development, quality assurance, electronic
mail systems, networking, database interfaces,
device interfaces, object-oriented software design,
Macintosh QA tools, PowerShare, Symantec C++, Think
Class Library, MPW, C, Hypercard, Turbo Pascal,
DOS.

Experience

Macintosh Software Developer, Paradigm Shift
Research, Sep '93 - Present.

Developer of Stego, the first shareware
steganography tool for the Macintosh. Stego 1.0 is
a data security tool that embeds data in Macintosh
PICT files without changing their size or
appearance. Stego was developed using Symantec C++
and the Think Class Library. Source code and
software are available for review on request.

Macintosh Quality Assurance Lead Engineer, Apple
Computer, Inc. Nov '91 - Sep '93.

Member of Macintosh Technology Group in Information
Systems & Technology division. Lead QA engineer for
a mail server gateway bridging AppleLink and
PowerShare/PowerTalk. Authored comprehensive test
plans based on IEEE specs for several products.
Implemented automated and manual testing,
maintained regular reporting. Provided general
support to development engineer: installed
PowerShare networks and gateways, created icons and
graphic art for products, etc. Reviewed and
corrected documentation. Tested gateway functions
of PowerShare messaging and mail for PowerShare QA
team. Also provided quality assurance engineering
and testing for several database front-end
products, including DAL Terminal 1.1, Data Browser
1.1, Software Asset Librarian, and Pablo 1.3.

Macintosh Quality Assurance Engineer, Intuit, Menlo
Park, CA.  Dec '90 - May '91.

QA engineering for Macintosh Quicken 3.0.
Implemented  structured test plan and tested user
interface, report  generation.

Macintosh ROM Toolbox Test Engineer, Apple  Computer
Inc., July '89 - March '90.

Test engineering and test  tool development using
MacApp. Tested File Manager, Sound  Manager, Device
Manager. Maintained regular reports with  Radar.

Database Programmer, Afghan Refugee Fund, Los
Altos, CA.

June '87 - May '90. Extensive programming of a
large mail address database for a charity, using
DBase III+ compiled using Clipper.

Software Developer, Strategic Decision Group, Palo
Alto, CA.  March '89 - July '89.

Developed a printing and graphics interface for
SuperTree, a financial decision analysis system.

Staff Engineer, Stanford University Department of
Communication. Mar '88 - Nov '88.

Designed and developed LiVE, a communications
research tool  that constructs video sequences
using a laserdisk video player driven by an IBM AT
computer. Developed graphics tools for data
analysis for psychophysiology research. Developed
Hypercard XCMDs that provide a direct interface to
the  Macintosh's four-voice synthesizer.

Staff Engineer, Stanford University
Psychophysiology Lab, June '86 - Mar '88.

Developed custom software for psychophysiology
research. Created graphics tools for visual
analysis of data. Wrote applications that used a
variety of low-level hardware device interfaces for
multichannel analog-to-digital devices.

Software Engineer, Greenleaf Science Software, Palo
Alto, CA.  Dec '85 - June '86.

Member of startup team. Assisted in the development
of a Apple II GS based physiological data recording
system. Extensive structured programming in Apple
Pascal.

Education
Bachelor of Arts in English, minor in
Mathematics/Computer Science, San Jose State
University, 1986.
MPW, C++ classes at Apple Developer University,
1990.