standard for stefonography?

jdblair at nextsrv.cas.muohio.EDU jdblair at nextsrv.cas.muohio.EDU
Mon Feb 28 21:39:28 PST 1994

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Standard Stego" package that has been
discussed could operate like the "stealth ocean" ideas that have been
discussed.  Some sort of hash function defines "random-like" bits to be
accessed in a consecutive form.  These bits can be located in a hard
drive full of digitized noise, a jpeg or gif file, a CD, or any other
large chunk of data.  The access mechanism can be standardized.  Without
the key string, you don't know which bits are random and which are data.

-john.