Party with the Nextropians! at Nexus-Lite!

Geoff Dale plaz at netcom.com
Sat Feb 26 13:40:39 PST 1994

         MEET THE NEXTROPIANS: WE ARE HERE AND NOW AMONG YOU
Romana Machado - Geoff Dale - David Gordon - Nick Szabo - Russell Whitaker

We can't call ourselves Nexus-Lite any more. When Dave Gordon moves in,
we'll have tied the most populous nexus* of all recorded history. The
residents of Nexus-Lite (but getting heavier by the minute), an Extropian
intentional community, invite you to a Nexus Naming Potluck Party. Prizes
for the best name for our Nexus will be awarded.

We are also celebrating Housemistress Romana's appearance in WIRED and
bOING bOING, describing her excellent shareware program, Stego! Thanks for
your excellent articles, Sandy!

Dress for the future, bring a friend. Flip a coin; heads bring food, tails
bring drink.

When: Saturday, March 12, 1994, 7.p.m (after the Cypherpunks meeting, until
an indeterminate time on the following day)

Where: 21090 Grenola Drive, Cupertino CA
(See Obligatory Crude Ascii Map Attached Below)

Tel: (408) 253-1692

*nexus (neks-us) n. A place where extropians** live in comfort for mutual
profit, and work on extra credit assignments without fear of reprisal.

**extropian (eks-tro-pee-an) 1) n. A boundlessly optimistic futurist who
will live forever or die trying. 2) n. Exactly like a human, only much,
much better. 3) n. A champion in the war against entropy. 4) adj. Any way
cool thing an extropian would like.

nextropian (neks-tro-pee-an) 1) n. An extropian who lives in a nexus. 2)
Welcome to the Next Level.

DIRECTIONS:
Nexus-Lite is located at 21090 Grenola Drive in Cupertino.  Geoff Dale's
phone number (in case you get lost) is 408-253-1692.

>From 280: Take the Saratoga/Sunnyvale (Or DeAnza Blvd, its all the same
thing) Exit (which is actually the 85 South detour).  Turn north on DeAnza
(aka Saratoga/Sunnyvale Road) at the exit (a left turn if you are coming
from San Francisco; right if you are coming from San Jose).  Turn left at
Homestead; go three blocks to N. Stelling, take left (at the McDonalds).
(Note: North Stelling is called Hollenbeck on the other side of Homestead.
Don't be fooled!)

>From 101: Take 85 south and exit at Homestead; turn left onto Homestead.
Proceed several blocks (you will pass a high school); then turn right on N.
Stelling.

Once on N. Stelling:
Right at first light: Greenleaf
First left, Flora Vista
First Right on to Grenola Dr
21090 (mnemonic: anagram for Beverly Hills zip code) is a tannish house on
left with a high roof that slopes toward the street.
Park on the street -- in the direction of traffic, or you may get a $15
ticket. This has happened.

OBLIGATORY CRUDE ASCII MAP (not to scale; up is not north):

     /\
     ||                        ^                  ^
     || (85)                   |                  |
     ||                        |                  |
     ||                        |Hollenbeck        |
    /||                        |                  |
<----++---/ /-- (Homestead) ---+------------------+------------------>
     ||                        |                  |
     ||                        |N.Stelling        |
     ||                        |                  |
     ||                        |            DeAnza|Saratoga/Sunnyvale
     ||                        |                  |
<=========/ /== (280) =======] | [================+==================>
     ||                        |
     ||                        |
     ||                ^       |
     ||                |       |   Greenleaf
     \/     <----------+-------+----------------->
                       |       |
            Flora Vista|       |
                       |       |
                       |       |
            Grenola    |       |
             *=21090   |       |
                       |       |
                       V       V

Excelsior! Forward, onward, upward, outward, and every which way but loose!
Once more into the future dear friends!