Rising dishonesty level

Brad Dolan bdolan at well.sf.ca.us
Thu Feb 24 06:48:27 PST 1994

jimn8 at netcom.com remarks about the rising level of dishonesty in
(presumably) media/political circles:

*It's bad*   I once had a faint hope that a change in administrations
would reverse the tide.  I'm over that now.  People from eastern
Europe recognize a lot of what they see developing here, as a recent
poster noted.

jimn8 further wonders if anybody knows a better country to live in:

I know of several that are less intrusive in your private affairs.
Unfortunately, it's hard for an American to find work in most of them.
I've made up a list of decision rules about when it's time to flee
to the first place I can find "three hots and a cot" (Places like
Belize, for instance).  Try compiling your own list, it's an
interesting exercise.

My rules:

It's time to leave when...
... I can't say what I want.
... I can't own a gun.
... I can't use good crypto.
... I can't leave and enter the U.S. freely.

Brad   bdolan at well.sf.ca.us

Somewhat related:  Does anybody find it interesting that no one noted
for over a decade that Ames had (1) a lavish lifestyle and (2) a foreign-born
(Colombian!)  wife.  Normally, spooks aren't allowed either.

A cynic might say that the lavish lifestyle was overlooked because it was
attributed to the Colombian connection, and not to the other
extracurricular activities.

-bd