ADMIN: soda archive site

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Tue Feb 22 06:46:04 PST 1994

> So, is soda still the archive (have I missed a major announcement?)?

Yes.  Soda had some disk problems, but is back up.

And with a big change.  The staff have moved the ftp directory to its
own filesystem, removed quotas for that filesystem, and set back
ownership of the rest of the files to me.

Soda has had a real disk crunch, and the staff installed tight disk
quotas of 10 Mb.  That's hardly anything at all.  The staff, in order
to spoof the quotas, changed ownership of some of the files and
directories to user ftp, after which I couldn't access things or
change them.  This included the main cypherpunks directory, so I
couldn't even add new directory trees.

Plus, I've got some overseas people automatically mirroring soda, with
a hand done exception for pgp, so it was problematic to add new
encryption code.  This is still not fixed.

I'm drafting some volunteers on soda to help with maintenance, so
things should improve there in the coming weeks.

Eric