CFI- Foreign Available Cryptography Resources

Wayne Q Jones qjones at larry
Fri Feb 18 21:51:05 PST 1994

Curt----you work for MITRE>>>>>
You are not blackbaggin there are u...Hmmmmmmm
Wayne

On Wed, 9 Feb 1994, Curtis D. Frye wrote:

> The Clinton Administration has transformed its Clipper/Capstone proposal
> into a definitive policy that could pave the way for banning all
> non-Clipper crytography in the United States.  I agree with most everyone
> who reads these groups:  the thought scares the hell out of me, especially
> given the "fight crime" mandate from recent public opinion polls.
>
> I posted some of these thoughts in response to David Banisar's 7 February
> press release on CPSR's reaction to the announcement.  In that post, I
> offered to compile a list of cryptographic tools and resources that were
> available outside of the United States (i.e., machines not physically
> located in the US) if such a list hadn't already been done.  Stanton
> McClandish indicated that it hadn't and urged me to "GO FOR IT!".
>
> I'm going for it, but I need your help.  My work account with ftp access
> will go away this Friday and the dial-up lines to my school account are
> constantly busy.  I should have a digex.com account within the next two
> weeks, but until then I won't have reliable archie/veronica/gopher access
> to the Internet.
>
> That's one reason I'm asking for help (the other is the sheer enormity of
> searching every non-US machine).  If you live outside of the US or visit
> non-US machines on occasion and know they store crypto resources, please
> send me a directory listing at this email address (for now).  Also, if
> there are any readme files or other program descriptions in those
> directories, I would appreciate receiving an electronic copy of them as
> well.
>
> Furthermore, if any of you have product information about foreign-made
> cryptographic equipment or software, I would be interested in seeing that
> as well.  I can be reached by snail mail at:
>
> Curtis D. Frye
> 100 Yeonas Cir. SE
> Vienna, VA 22180
> USA
>
> I look forward to your support and hope to report back in a few weeks with
> some preliminary results.
>

> Curtis D. Frye
> PRIVATE! Citizen
> I don't speak for MITRE, they don't speak for me.

W.Quinton......(  Maceo.....Hit me Three times!!!!)-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Hampton Roads' Premier Online Information System
PGP KEY ON REQUEST             | (804) 627-1828, login guest, password guest
WYVERN TECH