The L.D. persona...

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at lehman.com
Thu Feb 17 06:00:41 PST 1994

Xenon says:
> He also wrote the "Privacy and Anonymity on
> the Internet" FAQ, which is still regularly posted
> to Usenet, and mentioned at the end of my Guide,
> and is highly recommended reading.

Frankly, I think it sucks -- said so long before he went nuts. Its
full of factual errors (my favorite howler being that the US-Australia
link is "only" 500 megabytes a second in bandwidth), strange
constructions, and other junk. I also recall that I had several fights
with him early on because of his panic stricken howls of how "we" have
to do X and "we" have to do Y, as if there was a "we" here rather than
a mailing list. Can't say that I *ever* liked Mr. Detweiler.

Perry