LD's lance account is toast

catalyst-remailer at netcom.com catalyst-remailer at netcom.com
Wed Feb 16 23:45:18 PST 1994

Seen on news.admin.policy today...   Don't know if this affects any
other accounts he has at Colo State, e.g., detweile at cs.colostate.edu
(unless they are the same).

	--------------------------------

Newsgroups: news.admin.policy
From: steved at lance.colostate.edu (Steve Dempsey)
Subject: Re: "Introduction to Blacknet" articles
Sender: steved at mestas.lance.colostate.edu (Steve Dempsey)
Date: 15 Feb 94 21:31:35 GMT

In article <199402151712.RAA28875 at an-teallach.com>, gtoal at an-teallach.com
(Graham Toal) writes:

|> 	Does anybody have any idea how extensive the posting of the
|> 	"Introduction to Blacknet" - articles is?
|>
|> Unfortunately it's our old friend Detweiler (The Medusa etc) again.
|> He's doing it to deliberately discredit anonymous remailers because
|> of a net.war he's engaging in against individuals on the cypherpunks
|> mailing list.

Yes, it was Detweiler.  I generously gave him some notice that his
account would be terminated; he went off the deep end and left a
process running overnight posting the Blacknet article to random
groups every 10 minutes.  About 120 copies went out before I could
put a stop to it.  Apologies for letting it go on so long.  Such
abuse will not continue from this site.

================================    Engineering Network Services
Steve Dempsey                       Colorado State University
steved at longs.lance.colostate.edu    Fort Collins, CO  80523