Clipper and Traffic Analysis

Arsen Ray Arachelian rarachel at prism.poly.edu
Wed Feb 16 11:10:19 PST 1994

Speaking of phone records and such, btw, AT&T keeps phone
records for quite a long time.  About half a year or
so my girlfriend visited her relatives in Hong Kong
and I called her there to save them some major money.

A few months ago, I get a letter/offer from AT&T
saying that I could save over xxx% on calls to HK,
Taiwan, etc...  Now, I'm a white boy and my name
would give them absolutely no hint of having
relatives or friends in Hong Kong.  Obviously they
keep records for waaaay far back, and keep them in
use!!!

If they use'em for advertising, you can bet they
use them for other shady "law-enforcement" type info
for cops, etc....