Pynchon as roadkill on the digital superhighway

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Wed Feb 16 04:25:08 PST 1994

Cyrus Shaoul writes:

> Pynchon may not be as stupid as that. Has anyone gone to check up on Mr.
> Vineland lately? Perhaps the address in the DMV computer is that of a
> fried chicken franchise in Lost Hills, CA! Just cause you have some data
> doesn't mean it's useful.

Yes, I did. The point of getting the address is because I discovered
he lived in Aptos, CA, same as I do. (My source saw my W.A.S.T.E.
reference and assumed I was merely making a joke....he was surprised
to learn I actually live in Aptos, and then volunteered the NLETS
record.)

His house was (rumors that he's been back on the East Coast for the
past couple of years) about 3-4 miles from my house, less as the crow flies.

I shot a dozen or so photos of the house and surrounding countryside,
for my scrapbook and for that of the source.

Not a fried chicken stand.

--Tim May

tcmay at netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power:2**859433 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.