Clarification RE: Nazis on the Net

T.A.Z. an57322 at anon.penet.fi
Fri Feb 11 19:40:40 PST 1994

DrZaphod wrote:

>        That may have been just a snide comment.. but I'll address
>it anywayz... are you applying the old logic of "Germany is screwed up",
>"Germany is democratic", "U.S. is democratic -- we MUST be screwed up!"
>Cuz that logic doesn't work in real life.. maybe on the net, tho.

Sorry for being unclear. This is what I was trying to say:

I am an anarchist and don't like Nazis. However, I believe that everyone
should have the right to say what they believe needs to be said. By making
it illegal to let certain parts of society know how to start a newspaper
(assuming this is true), the German government employs the very same
principles it is trying to fight. Furthermore, I believe that a government
in power that use fascist methods (such as taking away one's right to
publsh a paper) is more dangerous to society as a whole than some juvenile
hotheads, whose crazy ideas probably would be rather discredited than being
help by putting out for everyone to read.

As for the analogy to the US: I see the constant increase in attempts to
censor the media as a warning that perhaps some day soon it may be illegal
to tell someone in the US how to go about publishing your own paper.

Peace,

-= T.A.Z.
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help at anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at anon.penet.fi.