Crypto Regulation Reform

Robert Cain rcain at netcom.com
Wed Feb 9 13:17:27 PST 1994

Mike McNally sez:

> Robert Cain writes:
>  > > Would disclosing the encryption algorithm put your patent claim at
>  > > risk?
>  >
>  > 'Fraid so.  R, S and A almost blew it by disclosing theirs in a paper
>  > before filing.
>
> So your encryption algorithm (not the key exchange part; the
> bit-stream encryptor) is not a well-known (or at least published)
> algorithm?  Hmm...

No, I am doing the same kind of thing as most people, using my protocol
to exchange an IDEA key for the actual real-time decrencr.  (Short word
I just coined for decryptor/encryptor as in modem or codec :-)

Peace,

Bob

--
Bob Cain    rcain at netcom.com   408-354-8021

           "I used to be different.  But now I'm the same."

--------------PGP 1.0 or 2.0 public key available on request.------------------