Atlantis Project/Oceania

Matthew J Ghio mg5n+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 7 19:10:42 PST 1994

Blanc Weber <blancw at microsoft.com> wrote:

> Does it not seem that they are putting more effort into the publicity,
> marketing, & attraction of money for support of this virtual country,
> than into the establishment of other fundamentals?  Like: setting up
> an alternative currency & banking system...

I thought that's what cypherpunks were supposed to be doing... :-)

> ... the manner of conducting business with the rest of the conventional
> world, and resolving the many little problems that would be of
> concern when living under such conditions?

All they said on the subject was that the government would be on the
gold standard and everyone else could use whatever currency they wanted.

As for the other little problems, I'd guess they haven't got a clue.
However, they did hire an architect who is experienced in building
floating structures, so I guess he's considered those things, ya know
like fresh water and electricity.  You could drop them an email and
ask...