archiving on inet

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at lehman.com
Wed Feb 2 04:25:30 PST 1994

Many news systems don't understand expiration dates, and some don't
grok cancel messages. CD-ROMs can easily carry cancel messages, too,
by the way -- they are a transport medium.

Next bright idea?

Anyway, people who want to use the law to restrict distribution of
their news articles are extremely foolish. Your words are out there
and they WILL be read. Forever. You can't help it. If you find your
words embarassing, don't say them.

.pm

Jim Nitchals says: