archiving on inet

Kirk Sheppard kshep at netcom.com
Tue Feb 1 10:20:35 PST 1994

Usenet copyrightable? I still doubt it. Of course, the only way to
find out is to file a very expensive lawsuit. Most posters would not find
their postings worth the expense to sue on copyright. Only a very rich
dilletante, or someone less rich who is a fanatic on the subject is
likely to do so.  Also, you would have a hard time answering the
difference between charging for a usenet feed and charging for a cd-rom,
again I see little difference except that one is more prompt in time than
the other. But, again, my newsfeed from a BBS which might be 24 hrs
delayed, and my netcom account which is much faster and a cd-rom differs
only as to time removed from the original posting.

Kirk Sheppard

kshep at netcom.com

P. O. Box 30911             "It is  Better to Die on Your Feet Than to
Bethesda, MD 20824-0911      Live On Your Knees."
U.S.A.
			    			     - Emiliano Zapata